It is a good idea to learn all about how vitamin D3 benefits the human body if you are trying to improve your health. The numerous benefits of vitamin D3 have been proven over for many decades. These benefits include treatment and prevention of disease and better overall health.
What is Vitamin D3?
While most people have heard of vitamin D, they may not be so familiar with vitamin D3. Actually, the term vitamin D is used to describe both forms of the same vitamin; namely, vitamin D2 and vitamin D3. The only difference between the two is the way they are structured. Vitamin D3, also called Cholecalciferol, has a structure similar to steroids like cholesterol and testosterone. In humans, it is naturally produced in the skin after exposure to ultraviolet-B rays from sunlight. Vitamin D benefits are so important to the body that a deficiency can result in poor health. Therefore, foods and supplements that offer the same benefits of vitamin D3, which will be discussed later in this article, are widely available.
What Sources Provide the Greatest Vitamin D 3 Benefits?
In addition to sunlight, Vitamin D3 can be found in a few foods without artificial fortification. Some foods that naturally provide vitamin D3 benefits include fatty types of fish like tuna, salmon or catfish. Some of the cod liver oil benefits are that it is a good source of vitamin D that also lets you take advantage of the fish oil benefits since it contains omega 3. Vitamin D also occurs naturally in eggs as well as mushrooms that are exposed to light. Vitamin D3 benefits can also be found in food that has been fortified; which include milk, margarine and flour. Additionally, vitamin D3 supplements can be taken orally to provide the amount that humans need each day.
How Vitamin D3 Benefits Humans
The benefits of vitamin D3 include the positive affects it can have on overall health and disposition. In general, these affects include:
- The vitamin boosts the immune systems which help the body recover from colds and flu during the winter months.
- Vitamin D3 benefits people who have mood swings due to vitamin deficiency, premenstrual syndrome and age.
Vitamin D 3 benefits include working to treat and prevent many diseases and medical conditions which include:
- Helping the body to absorb calcium which improves bone density. Proper absorption of calcium can prevent diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Preventing high blood pressure.
- Aiding in insulin secretion.
- Recent studies suggest that prevention of cancer and some autoimmune diseases are included among other proven vitamin D3 benefits.
- Vitamin D3 has been used to treat vitiligo, scleroderma and even Multiple Sclerosis.
- Other conditions such as arthritis and the stimulation of cell differentiation benefit from vitamin D3 treatments.
How to Get the Most Vitamin D3 Benefits Possible
It is important to get a sufficient amount of vitamin D3 on a daily basis. Some of the vitamin d deficiency symptoms are that it can cause rickets in young children and various other diseases in adults. It can also help prevent certain conditions such as osteoporosisAlmost everyone enjoys getting in the sunshine; which is of course one of the best and most natural of all vitamin d sources. But medical experts caution that people should wear proper protection to avoid the risk of skin cancer. If you are at risk of not getting enough vitamin D3, buy fortified foods and, if necessary, take vitamin supplements.