Taking advantage of the many apple cider vinegar benefits!
For thousands of years the benefits of apple cider vinegar have been well known and used. According to some, it was invented about 2000 BC by the Chinese Xia Dynasty, however, traces of it have been found in Egyptian Urns dating back to 3000 BC. It is produced from the fermentation process resulting in an acid liquid.
Apple cider vinegar, or cider vinegar, is produced from the fermentation of apples and is often sold in its natural state, unpasteurized and unfiltered. Its health benefits are many and have been recorded for as long as it has been used for internal and external applications.
Of course who doesn’t know about the health benefits of eating apples. Add to that the added benefits of the acids and enzymes produced during fermentation, and it increases the list of health reasons to take advantage of the apple cider vinegar benefits.
One of its major applications has been in its weight loss capacity. Studies have shown that people taking apple cider vinegar record decreased levels of body fat and triglyceride levels. Its action is not entirely clear, but theory suggests it acts as an appetite suppressant, increases the body’s metabolic rate, reduces water retention and gives one a general overall feeling of well being. This has lead to some to create an “apple cider vinegar diet”.
Other apple cider vinegar health benefits are:
- Aids in lowering blood glucose levels in those suffering from diabetes
- Treating bladder infections in place of antibiotics and helping prevent bladder stones
- Joint pains caused by arthritis and gout—acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Menstrual Pains
- Strengthens the immune system preventing immune deficiency (here is a list of other immune system vitamins)
- Chronic headaches
- Helping with gas, nausea, diarrhea and constipation by improving the digestive system
- Improvements in the cardiovascular system
- As a natural cure for acne (Visit this page on apple cider vinegar for acne for more information or consult this list of vitamins for acne on our website)
- Reducing the appearance of cellulite
- Countering the effects of aging including age spots
- Yeast infection—an external application by soaking in a bath with a few cups of apple cider vinegar mixed in
- Pectin in the vinegar is a fibre which aids in reducing high cholesterol levels
- Use as an apple cider vinegar weight loss solution as part of a diet
No matter where you look for information, you will come across apple cider vinegar benefits from those who have used it and discovered its additional health benefits. You can find apple cider vinegar on amazon in supplement form or even as a regular bottle of juice as shown in the picture above.
You most likely are already interested in taking advantage of many benefits of apple cider vinegar. However! Some words of caution go along with its use. Because of its high acidity levels, prolonged and extensive use may cause burning when swallowing and eventual acidic problems in the stomach. It can lower bone density as well as lower potassium levels over time and you do not want to suffer from potassium deficiency !